MagTool Optical Auto Top Off

zdrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried the MagTool Auto Top Off? It seems like it has great, authentic reviews, and it's very affordable.

It's either this auto top off or the Exo Auto Top Off from ReefBreeders. Which do you think I should get?

Finally, there's also the Tunze Osmolator Nano, but this is the most expensive one, and I can't really see it being better than the ReefBreeders auto top off.

BTW this auto top off is for a nano sized tank, and the glass thickness limitations on the Exo Auto Top Off aren't a problem for me.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the one from Reef Breeders and it works pretty well. I do have to occasionally have to clean the ATO in the tank and every once and a while, a snail will crawl on the 'window' and make the alarm go off.

OP
OP
Z

zdrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with the MagTool ATO, we'll see how it goes. I ultimately decided on this because I wanted to put the sensor in the back of an AIO where the glass is painted black and the ReefBreeders ATO requires clear glass.

OP
OP
Z

zdrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the magtool ATO has been working great. One small thing I noticed is direct sunlight can cause the optical sensor to trip, putting water into a tank that's already full. This was solved just by covering the offending window.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back