Mail Order in Australia

Schteeve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Aussies!

Have many of you had experience with mail ordering fish within Australia?
I would prefer to use an Australian website where the fish are shipping to me from within Australia. I also need it to be next-day delivery guaranteed, as the only day I'm at home to receive the fish would be a Saturday.

Please let me know what the best place to order from would be :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@samparker - any recommendations for mail order in Australia?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't ordered much online the only thing was copepods from livefish.com and they didn't arrive the next day. But I didn't have to be there to receive them.

I'm not aware of any sites that do next day garentee but a few have alive on arrival I think.

The ones I've seen that seem most reputable are reefsecrets and livefish

If you want something specific your LFS can usually order it in and hold it for you

suta4242

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sydney is a big place, my experience with next day delivery from couriers has been variable at best. If someone interstate has hard to find fish then I find airport pick up is both reliable, and low stress on the fish. Otherwise I use a local.

Hth

Elliott Comans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit and miss,
Not a big fan of livefish. Only bought there freshwater and don't the quality. Reef secrets I've heard ok things about.
Your lfs should be able to order and hold. Wholesalers like aquarium industries , cairns , monsoon aquatics you can ask for fish. Aquariumindustries has all there stock online and you can get the code and give it to your lfs to order and hold. If it's doa store deals with the company not you. Even if your unhappy with quality the company will credit your lfs. Cheapest and best for the fish so some nonfish courier isn't involved. Ugh, carried on a bit

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back