Main Herbie WB drain has a very small air suction --can't seem to fix it. Ideas?

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Set up my Waterbox tank about a week ago. The main Herbie drain has, what I believe to be, a very slight air suction. If you listen closely you can hear the air turbulence intermittently and it will purge a bit more air every 10 minutes or so. This is an issue because it makes it impossible to perfectly dial it in to silence.

I have re-sealed and slopped more glue on everywhere I could and this helped (but did not eliminate) the problem. I even added some silicon to the PVC unions. Still the problem persists. The only thing I have not put any silicone on is at the bulkhead (But I did re-tighten it and it has no water leaks). Could it be coming from the gate valve? I may just replace the whole drain and bulkhead --but wanted to turn here first.

781C7199-BC66-4556-9E93-7FF3759C05BE.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back