Main tank/Flukes on fish

heather2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am noticing quite a bit of flashing from my Midas blenny after recently adding a new purple tang. I noticed a little white and stringy poo coming from the purple tang. They are both eating good. I don’t see any ich on them. I am trying to put all these signs together and see what I can do to treat them. There’s no way I’ll ever catch the blenny without tearing the rock structure down which really cost too much to tear apart sadly It isn’t stable enough to pull out. Are there any treatments out there that I can use in a display tank? Prazi pro or general cure? I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you for your time

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best to read through this link and provide any info that may help. Along with some pics and a short video in white lighting.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am noticing quite a bit of flashing from my Midas blenny after recently adding a new purple tang. I noticed a little white and stringy poo coming from the purple tang. They are both eating good. I don’t see any ich on them. I am trying to put all these signs together and see what I can do to treat them. There’s no way I’ll ever catch the blenny without tearing the rock structure down which really cost too much to tear apart sadly It isn’t stable enough to pull out. Are there any treatments out there that I can use in a display tank? Prazi pro or general cure? I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you for your time
I wouldn’t dose general cure in your display. Prazipro works for flukes and can be dosed in your display, but I can’t confirm that your fish actually have flukes . The stringy feces isn’t from flukes, it could be bacterial, protozoal or dietary.
If you do try Prazipro, dose it twice, 8 or 9 days apart, with good aeration. Run your skimmer, but stop collecting the skimmate.
Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As Jay stated, the white poop can be from foods especially if you are feeding mysis shrimp and brine shrimp, can be excess mucus in the poop, constipation and others.
The blenny behavior can be a territorial behavior with new occupant and will stop as soon as tomorrow if it is

OP
OP
H

heather2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t dose general cure in your display. Prazipro works for flukes and can be dosed in your display, but I can’t confirm that your fish actually have flukes . The stringy feces isn’t from flukes, it could be bacterial, protozoal or dietary.
If you do try Prazipro, dose it twice, 8 or 9 days apart, with good aeration. Run your skimmer, but stop collecting the skimmate.
Jay
Thank you so much for your response❤.is Prazipro effective at killing flukes? I’m not 100% positive they do but I’m trying to narrow down everything else. I’ve been feeding metroplex in the food i was told at the store that this would help with certain illnesses that I may not be able to see.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your response❤.is Prazipro effective at killing flukes? I’m not 100% positive they do but I’m trying to narrow down everything else. I’ve been feeding metroplex in the food i was told at the store that this would help with certain illnesses that I may not be able to see.
Yes, Prazipro will treat external flukes. Do not treat Metroplex in food unless you calculate the proper dosage. It needs to be at 1% by weight bound into the food.

Jay

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back