Maintenance routines

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kschweer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
12,211
Reaction score
29,293
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know what everyone's routine is for maintaining there tanks. And how much time you spend a week working on your tank.

My routine is:
-weekly 15-20% water changes
-glass cleaned daily with magfloat as well as a good scrubbing weekly with the water changes.
-testing once a week
-reef code A and B every other day
-brightwell elements on the off days
-aquavitro vibrance 2 times a week
-feeding 2 times a day
-clean skimmer once a week
-change filter sock every 3-4 days
--fill ATO container weekly
-change media in reactors every 3 weeks to a month

I would guess I spend about 5-6 hours a week doing this. Probably a bit longer. The reason I ask is because I want to see what I can change or add to better my tank.

-Kevin
 
I would have a list of what I do, but I am in the middle of a tank transition, so I have no idea what the new tank will be like. :/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new