Majano Anemones

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a rock of yumas and was told there are some Majano anemones on the rock. They are tiny and fluorescent green, looks like a mini mushroom. Are they good or bad?

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a rock of yumas and was told there are some Majano anemones on the rock. They are tiny and fluorescent green, looks like a mini mushroom. Are they good or bad?
The ones we had looked nothing like a mushroom
majano.jpg

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno. They look like BTA to me (admittedly not an expert). Could you quarantine for a while and see if they grow into BTA or if they spread like Mojano? Or, as dbl suggested, get the yumas off the rock and up the rock into QT and see what happens.

I'm not as paranoid about hitchhikers as a lot of folks.

[probably because I haven't gotten any of the really bad hitchhikers yet]

OP
OP
want2bsleepy

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so we had just gotten that rock last night in a trade, it was a huge slab. I just spent a good 45 minutes breaking it all up, gluing the yumas to plugs, and setting aside 3 of the questionable anemones. I've put them in a little container in our biocube to see what becomes of them. If they grow, then I've got three GBTAs to go with my 3 RBTAs! If they multiply, then they go in the trash.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mojanos multiply exponentially when you try to kill them or break them up. They'll take over a tank. Any rock that touched them is likely to randomly pop them up. They're far worse than aiptasia!

Back