OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you kept them, these are always interesting finds to learn from. :)

The tentacle shape, color, and length all make me think of a torch rather than an anemone. Have you seen them relocate on their own at any time? Or have they been stationary once you noticed them?

Also, do they keep increasing in number, or do you have roughly the same number as when you last posted?
Yeah the shape had me thinking torch but i don’t know always second guessing that thought.

They haven’t moved or multiplied since I first spotted them. At least a few grew out much bigger than I would have expected for Majano nem but I haven’t had much experience. I have an Aussie green tip torch and I’ve definitely since little torch tips floating around, but couldn’t imagine one could grow from that haha.

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After letting a couple of these grow for awhile I think it’s safe to say it was torch babies. There are two that are grown out now but I can’t get a good look at whether or not there’s a skeletal structure. It looks exactly like the Aussie green tip torch I’ve had in the tank for a couple years. Video linked.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After letting a couple of these grow for awhile I think it’s safe to say it was torch babies. There are two that are grown out now but I can’t get a good look at whether or not there’s a skeletal structure. It looks exactly like the Aussie green tip torch I’ve had in the tank for a couple years. Video linked.

Agree on torch

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised to see these torches growing and doing well. I thought the spot they stuck too might not work out in the long run. You can know more easily see that there is two of them.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back