Majano? Or some other anemone?

kywill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 15 of these little green anemone looking hitchhikers that popped up. Any thoughts?

IMG_0631.jpeg IMG_0618.jpeg IMG_0617.jpeg

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not majanos, not aiptasia. They're something else that I've never seen a name for, but for all intents and purposes, they are mini majanos and should be treated as such.

OP
OP
kywill

kywill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not majanos, not aiptasia. They're something else that I've never seen a name for, but for all intents and purposes, they are mini majanos and should be treated as such.
Thanks! Should I inject with kalk?

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the kalk paste is effective against nearly everything. Aiptasia, majano, palythoa, GSP, anything except plants can be controlled with that mix.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have about 15 of these little green anemone looking hitchhikers that popped up. Any thoughts?

IMG_0631.jpeg IMG_0618.jpeg IMG_0617.jpeg
This is an aptasia species known as aiptasia mutabilis also called aptasia Couchii and not the same as typical aptasia but you can kill the same way:
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

OP
OP
kywill

kywill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an aptasia species known as aiptasia mutabilis also called aptasia Couchii and not the same as typical aptasia but you can kill the same way:
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away
Thank you!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back