Majicmike 2nd 300 build

majicmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majicmike's 2nd 300 build

So for a little back ground on this build.
This tank was a last minute buy due to a tank deal gone badly.I had ordered a 190 rimless from glass cages, Ya that was a mistake after a 2month wait and no tank I asked them to cancel my order. To my surprise that was the easy part of that transaction with them. My guess is they might have some practice at refunding money.
Anyway so I started looking for a new tank. One of the local shops just north of Denver called and said he could get me a 200 Deep dimension tank from Marineland. So I jumped online to look at it real quick and I seen the 300. That’s when I knew that was the tank for me.
On to the build! My girlfriend and I had been planning on joining her tank and my tank into one big system. She has a 180 that we just got off craigslist. Then we purchased another horse troth/rubbermaid sump. Then 2 reeflo hammerhead hybrids to handle the push upstairs. The house is a tri-level her tank is on the second level and mine is on the first. I gota reeflo dart hybrid for my MCR 3R skimmer as it uses less power than the IwakiI had to run it. I am using 3 Chinese LEDs with 4 48” t-5 to supplement. BRS dosing pumps, Lights and heaters are all controlled by a Reef keeper. For flowI use 2 MP40’s with a tunze wave box. The rock work was inspired by a picture I had seen on here. I know I am leaving some stuff out

buguqu8u.jpg

u5yhuhe2.jpg

P1000766_zpsb1330f07.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
majicmike

majicmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On to the Canopy build and stand Skin. Since I have basement sump I did not see need for more than one door on the stand

upenygy8.jpg

4ara3yha.jpg

atedapuv.jpg
ahyvavej.jpg

u9y8aje3.jpg

6any7e4a.jpg
yzyha7eq.jpg
e3aty3yb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
majicmike

majicmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Qt tank with some of the first fish going to set up a 75 qt for more fish
y2ujy8ed.jpg

y6aqeby4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am already loving this tank! WOW!

OP
OP
majicmike

majicmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update video

Guy at the local reef store came buy and shot some video it does have the store tag at the beginning. Hope it is OK if not feel free to remove it. But I have no ties to the store other than I shop there and one of the employees was nice enough to shot the video for me for free. Anyway tank is about 10 month's in and doing well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYyhSqCfrNc

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back