Major tank swap

Smokeshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 75 gallon sw and a 125 with a single oscar and a saifin pleco. Wanting to swap them and make my 125 a mixed reef tank. Both tanks have 55gal sumps. The 75 also has a 20g above the 55 that has my filter socks and protien skimmer, and a 40 breeder frag tank thats feed from the return pump and drains to the refugium chamber of the 55. The 20gal has made the weekly maintenance a dream. But it isn't the prettiest, limits my protien skimmer to a 7x11" chamber and gets alot of salt creep near the drains.

I know I want to at least swap the 55gal sumps between the tanks. Should I consider keeping the 20gal? If not I'll have to add a filter sock area to the 55. I could make the 20gal a sump for the 40 breeder and have a separate frag tank system. But already have 2 holes drilled in the side for the drains.

For the 125 I am using an eshopps L overflow on the back towards the left side and 2 3/4" bulkheads for the returns. Their currently slip fittings but have some threaded fittings and getting some loc-lines. Would I benefit at all adding a 3rd right in the middle? Could help with flow/circulation.
Or I could scrap all that and build a 60x30x24 plywood tank and keep the oscar in the 125 lol

OP
OP
S

Smokeshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well swap is on hold but will be alittle easier. The seal failed on the lower corner so I drained it and moved my oscer into a spare 90gal for now. Going to disassemble the 125 and reseal it with asi aquarium sealant.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back