Make a clownfish turn lady?

leighla wolf

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2020
Messages
254
Reaction score
320
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my clownfish about 1.5 years and in that time they’ve grown at equal rates. I have a blacker ice who is slightly larger than my plain ocellaris and more aggressive/outgoing. Even after all this time they still submit with the little shakes to one another. Is there a way to speed the process to get my slightly larger clown to become female and pair up with the other one since they don’t swim together But don’t really pick on one another either?
 
The only thing that comes to mind is feeding the one you want to be female much more than the other clown, accelerating it's growth. Grows bigger, faster it should in theory, transition to female. I don't guarantee a success on that though, as I haven't tried it myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new