Make a Coral/zoa ID forum

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many post for zoa IDs. I think it would be a good idea to make a separate forum just for IDs

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GREAT IDEA ,
Why not include a lot of ID’s of things categorized ?
It would have to be done by administrators and posts to it not allowed to keep it clean and user friendly searchable, much like how we search for id’s on the web and scroll down alphabetically to find what we’re looking for.
@revhtree , what do you think ?

Last edited:

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used to have such sub-forums for all the coral forums (SPS, LPS, Zoas, softies, etc). Problem is that people just don't use them, and post in the regular forum anyway. Unless one of us constantly moved/managed threads (not an exciting job btw), it wasn't worth it.

OP
OP
James M

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used to have such sub-forums for all the coral forums (SPS, LPS, Zoas, softies, etc). Problem is that people just don't use them, and post in the regular forum anyway. Unless one of us constantly moved/managed threads (not an exciting job btw), it wasn't worth it.
dint know that, maybe they should give it a try again

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think separate forums should be created for different Corals maybe try to announce to all that if you want to have a better id go to the specific type it is and post there

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created a whole thread with websites. Someone told me they'll just wait until they get an answer
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/come-here-for-zoa-ids.455830/

One of the sites you posted aren’t up anymore and that’s the problem with relying on outside web sites for references.

A site like R2R would be well served if it would create its own researching reference database, which would keep potential members and members coming back here for that reliable information they know won’t disappear into space and beyond:)

OP
OP
James M

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the sites you posted aren’t up anymore and that’s the problem with relying on outside web sites for references.

A site like R2R would be well served if it would create its own researching reference database, which would keep potential members and members coming back here for that reliable information they know won’t disappear into space and beyond:)
Thank you for letting me know.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you know how much money and time that takes. Especially since all the designer corals keep changing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back