Male Lyretail Anthia....

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2017
Messages
2,325
Reaction score
3,548
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been reefing for 10+ years and take tons of photos... Honestly I am not a very good photographer. I took this one yesterday and just love it..... This is my male Lyretail.....

mAlXY8bbSHGSHzPoHe5ZkA.jpg
 
huh.... my male looks different.

I am not saying my male is better than yours.. but mine is really dark red... almost purple. i will try to take a photo.

my existing male wedged himself between the acclimator 1000 and the glass and died. The new male was fully colored in like 5 days!!! super cool.indeed.
 
Took that photo with full power on my Radions and full whites...... He is more red :)
 
huh.... my male looks different.

I am not saying my male is better than yours.. but mine is really dark red... almost purple. i will try to take a photo.

my existing male wedged himself between the acclimator 1000 and the glass and died. The new male was fully colored in like 5 days!!! super cool.indeed.

Depends on which ocean you get them from. Some males are red and purple. Others are like the one above with yellow body.
 
Here’s another shot:
This was taken about 6-8 weeks back... Can they loose color?? Both photos are unedited
6f7d72607873729c72e09e6be0106102.jpg
 
Very hard to see??? Tank doesn't look very bright?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new