OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I’m confused. Why are you moving your livestock?

I'm moving across the country. I decided to move the tank and livestock as well instead of selling everything off. I've never done something like this, but I'm optimistically confident.

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just discovered this thread... your photos are exquisitely beautiful, and the coloration of your corals are amazing. Great job! Curious, what camera do you use for pics?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm moving across the country. I decided to move the tank and livestock as well instead of selling everything off. I've never done something like this, but I'm optimistically confident.
Gotcha. I must of missed that detail. Good luck with the move. Sounds, uhhhhh,......
Challenging

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite fish. I've tried many times to catch him in his flashing state, but he always waits until the camera is put away. ;Snaphappy

Johnson's Wrasse
33675222128_c4868800d2_h.jpg

Waaay back from page 14 of this thread....do you have more than one of these fish, or does it flash at the other fairy wrasses you have in the tank?

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I lost this fish. It was the brightest and most colorful fish I've ever had. You can see the purple highlights and red fins in this video showing his flashing state. Around 25 seconds he really pumped up the saturation to where the purple gets even brighter.

Yes I did have a handful of wrasses, but it is really difficult to keep them all happy and typically only one or two will ever reach a dominant state at one time. I noticed the wrasses would get violent when a lower dominant fish would get boisterous and challenge the alpha. I attribute most all of my losses to this behavior. In the end I would only really recommend 2 to 3 lesser aggressive wrasses at a time, unless you have a giant tank. Also, whichever fish you want to be alpha you should add first.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you lost the fish.
I'm planning on trying a smaller harem (2 maybe 3) McCosker's wrasses. I plan on getting them both as small as possible and letting them figure out who's in charge.

I just read your entire thread. Best of luck on the move.

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you lost the fish.
I'm planning on trying a smaller harem (2 maybe 3) McCosker's wrasses. I plan on getting them both as small as possible and letting them figure out who's in charge.

I just read your entire thread. Best of luck on the move.

You don't have to stick with just one type of fairy or flasher wrasse, they will still flash if around another type. In fact, it might be better in the long run to avoid having duplicates of the same kind.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is, it wasn't offered to me. I have even been in contact with the U.S. rep directly. Maybe you're thinking of Abyzz?
Ah shoot that’s right it’s abyzz

I’m sorry for your problems Maybe try making a stink on here on one of the forms no one likes bad press And usually the right person makes the problem go away

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%

Back