Mammoth Nano SPS Reef

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been nearly a year since the move and the tank is starting to settle in and grow a bit. I thought I'd post a pic of my favorite coral at the moment. A bit leggy, but it's tough to beat the colors.

SC Orange Passion

51194353718_0e43ac05a0_h.jpg
Absolutely beautiful photo!!!

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally questioned this frag thinking it was a green slimer. If you look hard enough you can see the original frag nubs hiding in the shadows of its branches. I just snipped those two original stunted nubs a week back because they sat dormant for so long. At least a year, maybe two. I wonder what causes something like that?

Paletta Pink Tip
51204014505_f6d3111fea_h.jpg

reefpizza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wow, amazing pic mate, awesome corals selection, how's going the tank? It's nice to see that "bacter" related stn is more common than i tought, i have passed similar situation with everything in check, after adding some fresh new live rock everything seem going in the right way :) Keep it up!

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally questioned this frag thinking it was a green slimer. If you look hard enough you can see the original frag nubs hiding in the shadows of its branches. I just snipped those two original stunted nubs a week back because they sat dormant for so long. At least a year, maybe two. I wonder what causes something like that?

Paletta Pink Tip
51204014505_f6d3111fea_h.jpg

My pink tip has been encrusting for almost a year.

Espino963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Can you show up more of your camera/lens set up? I can't seem to accomplish nice photos with my phone so i may have to use my DSLR

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read all 24 pages of your thread! I love it, such beautiful pictures! Currently we’re living in an Airbnb as we just sold our house and are waiting for housings at Fort Bliss! Moving with tanks sucks! Thank you for all the awesome pictures!!!

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read all 24 pages of your thread! I love it, such beautiful pictures! Currently we’re living in an Airbnb as we just sold our house and are waiting for housings at Fort Bliss! Moving with tanks sucks! Thank you for all the awesome pictures!!!
Moving a tank does cause some stress, but the biggest stressor for me was the lack of attention as the coral and fish were kept in temporary holding in Rubbermaid tubs. I feel like my livestock suffered because of how busy I was with everything else in life and the stability just didn’t cut it. I still cringe when I think back on the tub of brown coral.

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just reconnected my CO2 scrubber to bump some low pH. Other than that there isn’t much to report. Having a newborn, tackling yard work, working a full time and side gig leaves me with very little spare time. Other than WCs and feeding inlet the tank do it’s thing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back