Mandarin Dragonet dying

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with the regium with a small tank, wouldn't they still need at least weekly dosing on pods? How often can you feed the TDO pellets along with pods? I know they have digestive tracts similar to hummingbirds.
I got mine when I started a 100day qt on my fish to kick itch in my main tank. Figured I should just plop it in with the rest of the fish so it gets the full workup as well. Hes been fed almost exclusively tdo pellets the whole time and a handful of times while I wasn't running copper I dumped in some live brine shrimp. Hes been growing and staying fat on the tdo pellets. My qt ends this week and my main system is swarming with pods but ill continue to mix the tdo pellets in when I feed after my fish go back to the reef tanks. Captive bread is the way to go. Ive talked with others who have gotten biota mandarins from my lfs and they have kept them in 20 gallon tanks for over a year now, they are still just target feeding tdo pellets.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back