Mandarin Goby & Copepods

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day. If I wanted to house a Mandarin Goby in a 40g breeder, and I did not want to have a pod hotel. How often should I replenish pods? I also have other fish as well, so it would not just be the Mandarin eating the pods. Thanks!
My LFS has a mandarine in a 10 gallon cube. They said they have to reseed with live pods every 2 months. BUT, the mandarin also accepts frozen foods, so it's not always chowing down on pods.

Dr_Carl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins can also be trained to take frozen food as long as you have enough of a pod population to sustain it during the training period.

I'm doing it with my mandarin pair right now. I noticed the male started eating frozen blood worms last week.

This video just made my whole day brighter!!!!

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend the money and get a captive bred from Biota, they eat the tiny TDO pellets and frozen when you get them. They are small babies but grow quickly. Jake from Biota said to make them grow fast feed several times a day. I had never fed pellets but all my fish love the ones he said they feed the babies. So I still supplement with pellets as frozen is the main food I feed.

Back