Mandarin Goby

Sly Element

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

For years i have been in love with the LSD mandarin goby, but never had the tank to keep them.

At this point i have a tank that has been running for 2 years, and it has been pretty stable.
The only "problem" i have for keeping the goby is the tank size.

My tank i 80cmx35cmX25cm.

Everyone always talks aboiut gallons/liters, but for a fish that just creeps between the rocks, isn't "rock surface" more important than the amount of water?

Cause if you rais my tank from 25cm to 40cm i have a lot more water in the tank, but the same amount of rocks..

So my theorie is that a mandarin goby would have enough "space" in my tank to creepy crawler tru my rocks.

I have a little refugion with Chaeto and about 10kg of rock in the tank. ( 2 year old rock )

I would also add live copepods every week.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

For years i have been in love with the LSD mandarin goby, but never had the tank to keep them.

At this point i have a tank that has been running for 2 years, and it has been pretty stable.
The only "problem" i have for keeping the goby is the tank size.

My tank i 80cmx35cmX25cm.

Everyone always talks aboiut gallons/liters, but for a fish that just creeps between the rocks, isn't "rock surface" more important than the amount of water?

Cause if you rais my tank from 25cm to 40cm i have a lot more water in the tank, but the same amount of rocks..

So my theorie is that a mandarin goby would have enough "space" in my tank to creepy crawler tru my rocks.

I have a little refugion with Chaeto and about 10kg of rock in the tank. ( 2 year old rock )

I would also add live copepods every week.
I have my mandarin baby in a 60x40x35 and she is quite small and loves freshly hatched BBS and I have a HEAP of live rock. IMO&E you should be completely fine, however I am not sure I know what species an LSD mandarin is?

OP
OP
Sly Element

Sly Element

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my mandarin baby in a 60x40x35 and she is quite small and loves freshly hatched BBS and I have a HEAP of live rock. IMO&E you should be completely fine, however I am not sure I know what species an LSD mandarin is?
sorry, LSD is what we use for the synchiropus splendidus. ;)

And thnx for the advice!
Will be getting one this weekend if i can find a good fat one :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back