Mandarin question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr. Frag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dr. Frag

The Megalodon
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2008
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
Location
Painsville, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS where I get fish from rarely comes in with mandarins. They have a female to go with my male that I got three months ago, but she was in a tank with a anemone. I am worried the mandarin may have been stung slightly, but I got the fish out in a waiting tank and they say they will hold her till monday at noon for me. Should I get her or not risk it. I do not like loosing even a few dollars my tank.
 
i would ask them to hold her in a separate tank for a week just to make sure everything is on the up and up.

if they are unwilling then it might be a good time to find another LFS
 
Is the mandarin acting odd? What makes you think it might have been stung? What lind of anemone? They usually dart away as soon as they come into contact with anything like that. If it acts normally and has a nice belly on it, I wouldn't worry much about it being in a tank with an anemone. If it gets stung bad enough, it'll get eaten, too, most likely.
 
Is the mandarin acting odd? What makes you think it might have been stung? What lind of anemone? They usually dart away as soon as they come into contact with anything like that. If it acts normally and has a nice belly on it, I wouldn't worry much about it being in a tank with an anemone. If it gets stung bad enough, it'll get eaten, too, most likely.


+1

unless the anemone takes up 95% of te tank the mandrin will avoid it, my tank is full of fun stuffthat stings and mandy just floats thu all of it.

check the belly and see if you notice any burns, if not I would not be too worried.

just an IMO and how I would handle it.
 
Thanks guys. I bought the mandarin and i am weening her onto pellet food in a quarantine tank. She looks good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new