Mandarin question

Dr. Frag

The Megalodon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS where I get fish from rarely comes in with mandarins. They have a female to go with my male that I got three months ago, but she was in a tank with a anemone. I am worried the mandarin may have been stung slightly, but I got the fish out in a waiting tank and they say they will hold her till monday at noon for me. Should I get her or not risk it. I do not like loosing even a few dollars my tank.

Gimili the Great

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would ask them to hold her in a separate tank for a week just to make sure everything is on the up and up.

if they are unwilling then it might be a good time to find another LFS

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the mandarin acting odd? What makes you think it might have been stung? What lind of anemone? They usually dart away as soon as they come into contact with anything like that. If it acts normally and has a nice belly on it, I wouldn't worry much about it being in a tank with an anemone. If it gets stung bad enough, it'll get eaten, too, most likely.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the mandarin acting odd? What makes you think it might have been stung? What lind of anemone? They usually dart away as soon as they come into contact with anything like that. If it acts normally and has a nice belly on it, I wouldn't worry much about it being in a tank with an anemone. If it gets stung bad enough, it'll get eaten, too, most likely.

+1

unless the anemone takes up 95% of te tank the mandrin will avoid it, my tank is full of fun stuffthat stings and mandy just floats thu all of it.

check the belly and see if you notice any burns, if not I would not be too worried.

just an IMO and how I would handle it.

OP
OP
Dr. Frag

Dr. Frag

The Megalodon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I bought the mandarin and i am weening her onto pellet food in a quarantine tank. She looks good.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 149 40.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 188 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 8.7%
Back