Mandarin with Sand Sifting Goby

bkdivergirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will mandarin dragonet and sand sifting goby compete for food in a 90 gallon? I believe I saw that sand sifting gobies eat copepods?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mandarine is a hunt and peck predator where a sifter goby sifts, so technically they are working different methods of feeding but may be targeting at least some of the same copepods while they do. I would expect the sifter would lower the populations of pods and make feeding more of a challenge to the other fishes that are eating copepods.

New York City Fc Football GIF by NYCFC

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will mandarin dragonet and sand sifting goby compete for food in a 90 gallon? I believe I saw that sand sifting gobies eat copepods?
Depends on how much rock you have in your tank. But generally, two pod-intensive fish will be fine with an average amount of rock in a 90-gallon system.

Campbell Bradley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a scooter blenny and sand sifter and they both get along fine. Although my scooter does eat frozen food and pellets and same with the sand sifter.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a diamond goby and a mandarin in the same tank for 4 years and they're both super fat and healthy.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back