dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160430_005222.jpg
20160428_205732.jpg
Ok everyone the mandy fuge is now ready for the blue hypnea macro algae and the dragons tongue macro algae... I'm growing the macro algae inside all three glass....should look really cool once I'm done.....wish me luck lol....this 75 gallon tank it solely for MOHAWK and the macro algae is secondary and a home for pods to live in....

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you but no I did not. I got in three I put two in with my Mandy in my main tank and one in my 20g

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160501_213936.jpg
FINALLY THE MONEY SHOT.... MOHAWK IS FLAWLESS REALLY A BEAUTIFUL ANIMAL....TO BAD HE IS DISPLAYING A DOMINATE POSE TO HE OWN REFLECTION ....YOU GET HIM MOHAWK LMBO

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'M SOOOO GLAD YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT FOOD.... it is official forks.... I got MOHAWK to eat mysis thawed out and soaked in garlic... I dose my tank with live phyto once a week or so....the pod population is high in the sump, the 300gal and the 75 gal.... all I need now is the macro algae to put in the glasses of the mandy fuge.... the rocks were shipped me by my step dad....he runs a shipyard.... and they make mountains of these shells that get stuck on the ships.... so try there and ask if you can get some rocks off a fresh mound....WARNING my dad says that the mounds stink like nobody's business. They were weird and gloomy looking so I went for them... I don't recommend them because they are super sharp and sometimes cut the fish went they zoom by them....I lost a fish that way.... I'm on the look out for one psychodelic spotted mandy that is just as fat as mojo... mojo really set the standard for me....cudozs to his owner....mojo is shown earlier in the thread.... none of my rocks are for trade or sale.... sorry....if you do find the rocks I recommend that you treat them for parasites and diease for ten days...as you know some are not going to make the transition....that is where my crabs come.... they love eating them so I won't have anything alive before long.... I just want Grimm jagged rocks in the tank any.... and the calcium they bring to the table of course lol....

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the look out for one psychodelic spotted mandy
A warning, my psyco was Psyco. totally territorial to the ruby and scooter blenny. Ruby scooter mandy large and small one were fine. Psyco psyco.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A warning, my psyco was Psyco. totally territorial to the ruby and scooter blenny. Ruby scooter mandy large and small one were fine. Psyco psyco.

I know right.....well I'm hoping to find a fat female and if things go down wrong I will create a divider.... as you can see I'm pretty good at coming up with something weird that works...

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more serious note... get some macro in there ASAP. Local reefers will often give it you for free. It doesn't need to be pretty.

Ninal422

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an established tank, 2 years, 50lbs live rock. I went through sadly, 4 mandarins before I could train one to eat frozen. They are beautiful fish, I felt like I was killing them when they wouldn't eat. I couldn't keep my copepod population stocked to sustain them and a ruby red dragonet. My Mandy now lives in the seahorse tank with not a lot of rock and is thriving on frozen mysis and brine. He is taking it right from the baster. They are very stubborn eaters but once they do give in to the frozen it's smooth sailing!
image.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back