Mandarins started spawning!!!

cant beat reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
35
Location
wales
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first ever time last night I caught my mandarins spawning for the first known time, they are spotted mandarins I’ve had the male for nearly a year and the female only a couple weeks, I would possibly Louie to raise some fry if I can catch the sperm and eggs next time they spawn. Sorry for the poor lighting in the video I didn’t want to disturb them
 
Video doesn’t work. Fertilized eggs float so you can either try and turn the pumps off and collect a little after lights off or collect them in the sump somehow.
 
Eggs will float and should be fertilized on the upward accent. You will need a good culture of Parvocalanus crassirostris (to feed the larvae) and a live culture of Tisochrysis lutea or Isochrysis galbana (to feed the parvo).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new