Manderin eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter Myteemouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Myteemouse

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
913
Reaction score
5
Location
Tacoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen my manderin today eating mysis and brine (frozen) out of my acans mouths..
Kinda frustrating it was stealing food but cool it's eating frozen foods!
 
Haha...I'd be happy and mad at the same time too! My mandarin will eat frozen if he can catch it. lol. It's an SPS reef with high flow, so most of it goes whizzing by him. He does catch some time to time.

Hopefully yours won't make it a habit of eating other creatures' foods. lol. What kind of mandarin is it?
 
Use a Capers jar to feed them frozen, they will swim inside it and eat while bigger fish cannot get in it cause of the size of the jar. It will also stop it from floating to fast for them to catch. That is how I trained mine that I had to eat frozen......
 
I just turn the pumps off and dump the food in a seashell. Works great.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTYr_-mL7jU[/YOUTUBE]
 
my green/blue mandarin eats cyclopeeze mix with brine shrimp:)
i had a mandarin before the spotted one but it went skinny so i had to give it away to somebody with a big tank with lots of live rock...its hard to train it to accept frozen food.

i think the green/blue ones are easy to train to eat frozen foods..:)
 
My spotted trained in one day. My greens took alittle work.
thats so cool..i was so sad to give away the spotted..i even fed it live brine shrimp but it didnt work..
my green one is all happy and fat..soon i will add a male for her to mate:wink:
 
though adam hope that mandarin doesnt do stealing all the time..u should put no stealing food right to your acans:Di hate it when something steals food right in the mouth of the acans...especially cleaner shrimp,those buggers..they sometimes rip the flesh..had to scream shoooo!:D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new