Manganese dosing help.

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
690
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I recently got my ICP test back and manganese was 0. It was suggested that I dose MN especially for my goniopora. I pick up the triton MN reagent and it says dose as per the instructions on your ICp test. Only problem is my icp test was a ATI test. So my question is does anyone have dosing instructions for MN when the level is undetectable?
 
I have not heard of Manganese being low before, but I suppose it could be used by corals because of its bonding variability as an element. I think a large water change would probably be more effective and convenient compared to dosing which could get very expensive. Best of luck with your tank and goniopora :)
 
Or in a simple way:

1 ml of the Triton supplement increases the manganese concentration of 100 liters by 1 ppb
1 ml of the ATI supplement increases the manganese concentration of 100 liters by 2 ppb

So your ATI ICP should have a recomendation of how much to dose.
Once the Triton supplement is half concentrated you have to dose double the ATI recomendation.
 
Or in a simple way:

1 ml of the Triton supplement increases the manganese concentration of 100 liters by 1 ppb
1 ml of the ATI supplement increases the manganese concentration of 100 liters by 2 ppb

So your ATI ICP should have a recomendation of how much to dose.
Once the Triton supplement is half concentrated you have to dose double the ATI recomendation.
Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new