Mangnet cleaners! What do you use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Davinci
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Davinci

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
143
Reaction score
39
Location
mesa Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that some people put some kind of pad that is used for dishes and it wont scratch the glass. I dont remember what it was called. I was curious to see if you guys put a sort of pad on your magnet cleaners and if so, what kind of pad.
 
Yes. And they work so much better than the magnet. There are white ones available through some local fish stores.

There is a company out here in Socal called SeeClear - I think that's the spelling. They do acrylic tank polishing. He also has both interior and exterior pads.

The interior pads are charcoal gray and work better than the white ones. I have the XLG mag float and I think the pads were under $10 each. I leave mine in the tank 24/7 and they seem to last about 5-6 months.

Dave B
 
Always remember that no matter what you use.. Do not get too close to your sand bed because if you do, one granule could scratch your glass before you even notice!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new