Manhattan Saltwater Shops

• Thread starter member 99594
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

member 99594

View Badges
Hey all,

I am planning a trip in June to NY and I wanted to touch base to see what LFSs are the best to visit in Manhattan. I see there is a few and I wanted to make sure I hit the best ones with the little time I have while I am there.

Cheers!!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best is a stretch...NYC lacks a good, reliable store, Manhattan Aquariums is ok.

I don’t even know if there is another lfs in Manhattan. Pacific aquarium but more freshwater and honestly not very healthy fish.

OP
OP
M

member 99594

View Badges
I am starting to see you need to travel out of Manhattan for a good shop. Looks like Brooklyn or Queens may be a better bet.

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go to china town, literally there are LFS everywhere in manhatten, they just dont pop up on google maps. The ones in china town are insanely cheap and have rare coral.

mike321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New York reef aquatic is a good one in queens. Advance marine aquatics is another good LFS but located in Long Island

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New York reef aquatic is a good one in queens. Advance marine aquatics is another good LFS but located in Long Island
If you can make it to Advance Marine Aquatics I'd do so. It's not in Manhattan and you'd have to travel out to Nassau County, it's a few blocks away from the Northern State/Grand Central Pkwy which makes it a little easy if you're coming from Manhattan, just a jump off and on at the Willis Ave exit.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go to china town, literally there are LFS everywhere in manhatten, they just dont pop up on google maps. The ones in china town are insanely cheap and have rare coral.

I didn't spend much time in Chinatown, but only really noticed freshwater. You're telling me that I can cruise out of the Poconos, pick a parking garage, then stock my tank while enjoying some good General Tso? You just planned out my next city trip.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I am planning a trip in June to NY and I wanted to touch base to see what LFSs are the best to visit in Manhattan. I see there is a few and I wanted to make sure I hit the best ones with the little time I have while I am there.

Cheers!!
To bad Emark not open to public. Oldest seller of marine creatures in US.

reefgall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
advanced marine aquatics is my local fish store. the men that work in there are gems! very sweet and have actually a wide selection of fish which u don't often see along with many corals. u won't be disappointed.

Icylder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on Pacific. Not always the best looking fish but that might have just been the one's I've seen.

Manhattan aquariums has a large selection of corals and good looking fish. I've heard lots of good things about NYReefAquatics and AdvancedMarine. Haven't been able to visit those yet (new to the hobby). Anyone have experiences at either of those two stores?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back