MANTIS SHRIMP

littlefoxx

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
12,094
Reaction score
12,246
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! A few months ago I got my little red N Wannare mantis from TBS. Hadnt seen her since she went in and honestly thought she didnt make it. But today I saw her poking her head out!!! So I got a piece of Krill and thought I would try to feed her with the tongs so she can get used to meals. She saw it and jumped out of her hole and grabbed it! Im so happy. I just thought I would share. Sorry glass has a smudge, I was cleaning it when I saw her!!

IMG_5646.jpeg
 
Hey guys! A few months ago I got my little red N Wannare mantis from TBS. Hadnt seen her since she went in and honestly thought she didnt make it. But today I saw her poking her head out!!! So I got a piece of Krill and thought I would try to feed her with the tongs so she can get used to meals. She saw it and jumped out of her hole and grabbed it! Im so happy. I just thought I would share. Sorry glass has a smudge, I was cleaning it when I saw her!!

IMG_5646.jpeg
They dont go away. Its likely molted a few times
 
I had one from my order as well I liked it but never saw mine. Wife couldn’t stand the constant clicking. I caught it with the bottle trap and gave it to a friend to put in his sump with live rock. Will get a drag out of it at least when my tank is ready for SPS in 3-4 months or so.
 
They dont go away. Its likely molted a few times
Oh yes shes way bigger than when I first got her! Heard her punching things occasionally but I also have a pistol shrimp so hard to tell between them
 
I had one from my order as well I liked it but never saw mine. Wife couldn’t stand the constant clicking. I caught it with the bottle trap and gave it to a friend to put in his sump with live rock. Will get a drag out of it at least when my tank is ready for SPS in 3-4 months or so.
Lol yeah she does make noise but I also have a pistol shrimp so wasnt sure which one was making noise! Mine isnt that bad, its super cool I thinkB
 
Nice looking shrimp!
 
Hey guys! A few months ago I got my little red N Wannare mantis from TBS. Hadnt seen her since she went in and honestly thought she didnt make it. But today I saw her poking her head out!!! So I got a piece of Krill and thought I would try to feed her with the tongs so she can get used to meals. She saw it and jumped out of her hole and grabbed it! Im so happy. I just thought I would share. Sorry glass has a smudge, I was cleaning it when I saw her!!

IMG_5646.jpeg
Aww, I bet was pretty cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new