MANTIS SHRIMP

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! A few months ago I got my little red N Wannare mantis from TBS. Hadnt seen her since she went in and honestly thought she didnt make it. But today I saw her poking her head out!!! So I got a piece of Krill and thought I would try to feed her with the tongs so she can get used to meals. She saw it and jumped out of her hole and grabbed it! Im so happy. I just thought I would share. Sorry glass has a smudge, I was cleaning it when I saw her!!

IMG_5646.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey guys! A few months ago I got my little red N Wannare mantis from TBS. Hadnt seen her since she went in and honestly thought she didnt make it. But today I saw her poking her head out!!! So I got a piece of Krill and thought I would try to feed her with the tongs so she can get used to meals. She saw it and jumped out of her hole and grabbed it! Im so happy. I just thought I would share. Sorry glass has a smudge, I was cleaning it when I saw her!!

IMG_5646.jpeg
They dont go away. Its likely molted a few times

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one from my order as well I liked it but never saw mine. Wife couldn’t stand the constant clicking. I caught it with the bottle trap and gave it to a friend to put in his sump with live rock. Will get a drag out of it at least when my tank is ready for SPS in 3-4 months or so.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They dont go away. Its likely molted a few times
Oh yes shes way bigger than when I first got her! Heard her punching things occasionally but I also have a pistol shrimp so hard to tell between them

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one from my order as well I liked it but never saw mine. Wife couldn’t stand the constant clicking. I caught it with the bottle trap and gave it to a friend to put in his sump with live rock. Will get a drag out of it at least when my tank is ready for SPS in 3-4 months or so.
Lol yeah she does make noise but I also have a pistol shrimp so wasnt sure which one was making noise! Mine isnt that bad, its super cool I thinkB

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5646.jpeg
Aww, I bet was pretty cool.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back