Marco Rock Coralline

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone try the new Coralline Marco rock and like it? Was thinking of cycling the dry coralline rock for my next build. Anyone order online and how well does the product ship/arrive? Is it pretty rough and broken upon arrival?

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the regular marco rock from brs, 45 pounds 10 months ago. Lots of foam and it came in a bag. Lots of rubble but all usable for sure. I ended up breaking a bunch anyways to be more user friendly. My box was busted a bit but nothing missing. Blame ups for that. I'd imagine the corraline rock would be the same

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the regular marco rock from brs, 45 pounds 10 months ago. Lots of foam and it came in a bag. Lots of rubble but all usable for sure. I ended up breaking a bunch anyways to be more user friendly. My box was busted a bit but nothing missing. Blame ups for that. I'd imagine the corraline rock would be the same
Thanks, I picked up caribsea from my lfs for the last last tank and a lot was broken up in the box. (all 3 boxes). usable but didn't glue any of it so I could remove chunks if needed. Next tank will need to be glued for sure and I think would take me too long to figure out my pattern if I bought live ocean rock.

TheFunnyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the owner of a LFS about it and found out the color is only surface deep. Unless MarcoRocks comes out with matching color powder it’s limited in custom structure sculpting.

IMG_20230901_103247_01.jpeg

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the owner of a LFS about it and found out the color is only surface deep. Unless MarcoRocks comes out with matching color powder it’s limited in custom structure sculpting.

IMG_20230901_103247_01.jpeg
they do have coralline color mortar. I did like the video though on BRS of the natural gluing of rock and how to blend it together. Even to texture it, use super glue, then add the white powder in the box for blending. I've tried 2 versions of that epoxy and both were dry and crumbled. super glue takes a while for the amount needed to dry so didn't want to attempt live wet rock scaping.

TheFunnyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have come out with the coralline mortar, but I prefer the powder/crushed aggregate and CA glue over their mortar the last time I made a unique structure.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back