Marcoalgae Seahorse Tank (H. Erectus)

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a proud owner of two seahorses. They are the lined sea horses or the H. Erectus Seahorse black and white colored. I got them from my lfs, tank raised, both eating frozen. About an hour in their 20 gallon “qt” tank one started eating dry mysis shrimp. The other one is a little finicky with food. The next day I got an automatic feeder for them. The second one now eats dry mysis too. They are fed 3 times a day and fed frozen once every morning with focus, metroplex, and kanaplex.

Now on to the build and problem. My original plan was to cycle their tank then plumb it to my reef but I learned they need cooler temps so their tank will just have to be separate. The problem is I want the tank to go into a certain spot that is 25” L 26” W and I can’t find any tall tanks that is 20” - 30” tall and 25” L and 26” W. I was thinking going biocube 32 but I’m not a fan of the round edges, but if it comes to that I will get it. Also I will have to drill it because I want to have a sump in it to give the tank more error space and have a refugium for copepods. If you can find a tank that fit the dimensions please tell me. Thanks.
944D9C9C-9358-4210-BE51-74E0CC7EB549.jpeg

saige

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a proud owner of two seahorses. They are the lined sea horses or the H. Erectus Seahorse black and white colored. I got them from my lfs, tank raised, both eating frozen. About an hour in their 20 gallon “qt” tank one started eating dry mysis shrimp. The other one is a little finicky with food. The next day I got an automatic feeder for them. The second one now eats dry mysis too. They are fed 3 times a day and fed frozen once every morning with focus, metroplex, and kanaplex.

Now on to the build and problem. My original plan was to cycle their tank then plumb it to my reef but I learned they need cooler temps so their tank will just have to be separate. The problem is I want the tank to go into a certain spot that is 25” L 26” W and I can’t find any tall tanks that is 20” - 30” tall and 25” L and 26” W. I was thinking going biocube 32 but I’m not a fan of the round edges, but if it comes to that I will get it. Also I will have to drill it because I want to have a sump in it to give the tank more error space and have a refugium for copepods. If you can find a tank that fit the dimensions please tell me. Thanks.
944D9C9C-9358-4210-BE51-74E0CC7EB549.jpeg
if seahorse for sale i am interested.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back