Marcorocks E-400

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if Marcorocks E400 grey mortar will allow coralline algae to grow over it or should I start a fresh build with the pink E400 ?? Thanks.
Hello, I have their pink/purple mortar. It has a bit of coralline growing on it, but I'm glad I didn't go with gray as for my rocks the gray would still be standing out like sore grey thumb since I only have a "bit" after maybe 7 months.

+1 vote purple/pink mortar

FYI: I seeded coralline late Winter with AlgaeBarn pink/purple product - it took a while to take hold, but if you look at my tank in build thread below, I've got a silly HUGE amount now in my tank

PS: that 'little bucket' mortar comes in turns out to be pretty sturdy and handy. I kept it and use it more than I would ever have thought

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you’re asking if the chemical makeup of the grey mortar somehow does not allow coralline growth or repels it, right?

I can’t imagine so, but just wanted to clarify your question in case someone else chimes in. I just used a bunch of grey stuff so I hope not ;)

OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you’re asking if the chemical makeup of the grey mortar somehow does not allow coralline growth or repels it, right?

I can’t imagine so, but just wanted to clarify your question in case someone else chimes in. I just used a bunch of grey stuff so I hope not ;)
Exactly. Because if it repels it then once the rock is all full of coralline the mortar will stick out like a sore thumb

Hulkwithin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you can use the E-Marco mortar with just water instead of the Liquid Polymer Additive it comes with. If so what problems if any will arise from just using water? I know that it still turns to cement with water but I don't know if any long term effects?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if Marcorocks E400 grey mortar will allow coralline algae to grow over it or should I start a fresh build with the pink E400 ?? Thanks.

You could use the grey mortar then when it drys you can use a thin layer of some type of super glue gel or liquid and sprinkle the dust from your rocks or sand on it?

if you haven't created your rock structure I would go with this method.

You could also just create the bonds without marco cement. Take some rock powder and crush it up super fine. Make your initial bond between two pieces of rock then sprinkle your powder over it. Once you have your powder, use super thin ca glue and go to town on the powder/bond area. You can sprinkle in some extra powder to finish it up.

This bond is stronger than marco cement imo.

Here is a vid explaining it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back