Margarita shrimp

hunterhodgy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few margarita snails in my fish tank and the first few weeks I had them they were very active regardless the time of day. I’ve had the tank up and running now for about 2 months and recently they’ve been pretty mellow and they don’t move much. Does anyone have an idea why that might be?
 
I see this is your first post here, so most importantly, Welcome to R2R!
Waving City Bus GIF by Connect Transit
#WelcometoR2R
Can you post your water parameters? Any other inhabitants acting strange or just the snails? Possibly something in the tank preying on them causing them to be inactive?
 
They need a good constant source of algae available at all times and prefer water that is cooler than traditional reefers usually keep.

Ensure MG is not north of 1450ppm, over this can slow all of them down.
 
No, just the snails that are acting strange. My PH is 8.2, ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, nitrate is 5.0, water temp is 76°. I have a six line wrasses, a purple fire fish and 2 clowns.
 
They need a good constant source of algae available at all times and prefer water that is cooler than traditional reefers usually keep.

Ensure MG is not north of 1450ppm, over this can slow all of them down.
I have a good amount of algae in the tank.
 
No, just the snails that are acting strange. My PH is 8.2, ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, nitrate is 5.0, water temp is 76°. I have a six line wrasses, a purple fire fish and 2 clowns.

I see this is your first post here, so most importantly, Welcome to R2R!
Waving City Bus GIF by Connect Transit
#WelcometoR2R
Can you post your water parameters? Any other inhabitants acting strange or just the snails? Possibly something in the tank preying on them causing them to be inactive?
Its not all of the snails either, it seems to be one or two.
 
No, just the snails that are acting strange. My PH is 8.2, ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, nitrate is 5.0, water temp is 76°. I have a six line wrasses, a purple fire fish and 2 clowns.
A six line.
Mine likes to take out snails from time to time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new