Margarita snail shell change

  • Thread starter Thread starter akaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

akaps

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
271
Reaction score
142
Location
Omaha
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I recently got a margarita snail, just 4-5 days ago. When I got it, it had a black shell with a silver tip and very very active. (Photo 1). Now, she was inactive all day and her shell has lost a bit of silver. (Photo 2).
What does this mean? (I have nothing in the tank that would hurt it, just some nassarius snails and fish)

IMG_5268.jpeg IMG_5269.png
 
Hi everyone. I recently got a margarita snail, just 4-5 days ago. When I got it, it had a black shell with a silver tip and very very active. (Photo 1). Now, she was inactive all day and her shell has lost a bit of silver. (Photo 2).
What does this mean? (I have nothing in the tank that would hurt it, just some nassarius snails and fish)

IMG_5268.jpeg IMG_5269.png
Is it active at night?
 
Is it active at night?
The first few days it seemed active at all hours. Yesterday, it wasn’t active at night or during the day. Last night, she did move a little bit
 
The first few days it seemed active at all hours. Yesterday, it wasn’t active at night or during the day. Last night, she did move a little bit
Fingers crossed. If she starts to fall over, she might sick
 
Fingers crossed. If she starts to fall over, she might sick
What kind of sickness would the shell changing and weakness indicate?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new