Maricultured diatom bloom

reefmadness

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
143
Reaction score
6
Location
Oklahoma city, OK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you guys have noticed a diatom bloom on maricultured pieces? It is confined to the base and tag, but it's driving me crazy. Does anyone know why this happens, or if I am alone in this issue?
 
I experience same issue some weird algae on this big maricultured acros after 2-3 weeks
From then I just cutting off the base before dipping(also help to get rid off pest eggs)-rather lost
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new