Marin betta

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a marine betta be comfortable in a 75 gallon tank or would it like outgrow it cuz I'm getting mixed answers on the internet so I ask you guys

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a marine betta be comfortable in a 75 gallon tank or would it like outgrow it cuz I'm getting mixed answers on the internet so I ask you guys
Marine Bettas are not very active fish and can do just fine in a 4 foot tank

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo I should not get clowns?

I’ve only owned one Betta and that was years ago. I kept him for a buddy while he was TDY. That dang fish ate anything it could fit in its mouth including a Damsel. 75 gallons is enough for them as others said. Just don’t keep small fish that you like with it.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo I should not get clowns?
I have a large marine betta with small gobies, clownfish, and a ton of inverts and they are all fine. Unless you're getting an 8 inch betta and 1 inch clowns, you will likely be fine.
I strongly suggest you buy a captive bred betta from biota, or one from another hobbyist's tank as the wild caught ones can be difficult to get to eat at first.

OP
OP
J

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large marine betta with small gobies, clownfish, and a ton of inverts and they are all fine. Unless you're getting an 8 inch betta and 1 inch clowns, you will likely be fine.
I strongly suggest you buy a captive bred betta from biota, or one from another hobbyist's tank as the wild caught ones can be difficult to get to eat at first.
Where could I buy a captive bred one, the one on live aquaria is out of stock

OP
OP
J

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where could I buy a captive bred one, the one on live aquaria is out of stock

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. I’m saying it’s gonna eat the clowns which will probably deserve it.
Marine bettas are actually fairly timid (clowns should be safe). Make sure you have a good-sized cave as it will hang out there during the day (they're primarily nocturnal).

They also really love (even prefer) being hand fed.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@danieyella
Betelgeuse is one of your stars, yes?
Yep! Mine does just fine with everything in the tank - only thing he eats (that I'd rather he not) are shrimp. He's in a tank with firefish and has had a variety of tiny fish with him over the years that have grown up without him trying to eat them.

We were in a 115 but now with the move he's hanging out in a 64 with no problems until we get settled back over into another big tank.

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one that comes out daily to be fed with forceps and goes back to his cave. I feel like with the amount of swimming he does, He’d be ok in a 3 gallon lol.
Sounds exactly like mine. Other than doing the occasional head stand (with just his tail sticking out), ours is fairly inactive as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back