Marin betta

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where could I buy a captive bred one, the one on live aquaria is out of stock
Heads up Biota has them but they arrive small. Like an inch! But they’re easily fed pellets and adapted to aquarium life.

Marine betta at Biota

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can’t recommend biota comets enough. they are perfect and beautiful and mine ate pellets 15min after being added.

in a tank with eels, just make sure it has a good-sized cave or two that the eels won’t claim. and grow him out for a while before you get the eels.

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can’t recommend biota comets enough. they are perfect and beautiful and mine ate pellets 15min after being added.

in a tank with eels, just make sure it has a good-sized cave or two that the eels won’t claim. and grow him out for a while before you get the eels.
I’m glad to hear that. I’m finishing a fallow period and have my fish in QT. As soon as they go back in to the DT I’m going to order one from Biota. I’ve been happy with their other fish I’ve ordered.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have stated, they will be fine in a 75g. They have small mouths and only the tiniest of fish with a large adult would be at risk, shrimp on the other hand. Yes wild caught ones can be challenging at first to feed, and sometimes require live food to get them started. Captive bred ones will be easier to feed, but will usually come in very small and they do grow very slowly. A tiny captive bred one could be at risk from a snowflake eel. Snowflake eels usually get along fine with fish, as long as they are sized properly and introduced properly.

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 from Biota about 2 years ago. Very small, about the size of your pinky. I put them in my 20 gallon refugium. Fast forward, they are both about 5"+ now. Still in my refugium bc my better half wont let me get another tank :(. they don't move much and seem fine, but they do need a bigger space. 75 would be fine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back