Stocking

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to get more fish for my tank once my nitrates go down but I don't know what to get well my current stocking is a snowflake eel and a clownfish there's also a ton of small hermit crabs

Also the eel is a juvenile eel and is feed daily shrimp I was also planning on getting a marine betta but idk

OP
OP
J

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to get more fish for my tank once my nitrates go down but I don't know what to get well my current stocking is a snowflake eel and a clownfish there's also a ton of small hermit crabs

Also the eel is a juvenile eel and is feed daily shrimp I was also planning on getting a marine betta but idk
I also have corals in my tank to so it has to be coral safe no coral munchers for me

KuyaD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how has your experience been with the snowflake eel and clownfish in the same tank? I'm thinking about a similar setup

OP
OP
J

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how has your experience been with the snowflake eel and clownfish in the same tank? I'm thinking about a similar setup
I recently got rid of the eel cuz I had to downgrade but the eel and clownfish didn't really interact only when it was feeding time then jt was a different story, I would feed the eel and clownfish would try tk steal the food it has gotten him almost bitten on multiple occasions so I guess it just depends on your clownfish if he's a food monster that wants all the food to one selves

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15 inch snowflake with clownfish. No issue. Also have a jeweled moray in there, he has ate some smaller fish but not touched the clowns. My male is 3 inches, female is about 4.5 to 5

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old tank was 75 gallons also with the feeding the clownfish would legit try to steal the food out of the eels mouth
Yeah I had a puffer do that and he got bit by the jeweled eel. Lost him unfortunately

OP
OP
J

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your tank size now if you are still looking for another fish??
My current size is 40 gallon I just recently got a smaller clown tk pair with the bigger clown I also keep a yellow watchman goby(he's not very yellow I think store scammed me smh) and a pistol shrimp I also have like 5 small hermit crabs

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current size is 40 gallon I just recently got a smaller clown tk pair with the bigger clown I also keep a yellow watchman goby(he's not very yellow I think store scammed me smh) and a pistol shrimp I also have like 5 small hermit crabs
Ah yeah you could probably add a few more smaller fish! What were you looking for?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also going to buy a purple fire fish and that's all I could think of any recommendations you can give?
Hum cardinals are super cool and peaceful. With the firefish I wouldnt do any damsels or dottybacks. A blenny would be cool too, they have lots on personality

OP
OP
J

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hum cardinals are super cool and peaceful. With the firefish I wouldnt do any damsels or dottybacks. A blenny would be cool too, they have lots on personality
I actually had a lawnmower blenny when my tank had a bunch kf hair algae due to high nitrates which js fixed now I got them to a low 5-10 but he died kf starvation I legit tried feeding him I out food jn his face he would always run

Also aren't clownfish part of the damselfish family

OP
OP
J

JoeyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had a lawnmower blenny when my tank had a bunch kf hair algae due to high nitrates which js fixed now I got them to a low 5-10 but he died kf starvation I legit tried feeding him I out food jn his face he would always run

Also aren't clownfish part of the damselfish family?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also aren't clownfish part of the damselfish family
Yes clowns are! You should look into a tailspot blenny. Colorful, small and easy to keep

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back