Marine Betta Tank Stock

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, would you be able to put a Marine Betta and a Peacock Mantis Shrimp together in a 75 gallon tank?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, would you be able to put a Marine Betta and a Peacock Mantis Shrimp together in a 75 gallon tank?
My marine betta is probably the most peaceful and timid fish in my tank. I'd probably be more concerned for the betta than the mantis long-term.

OP
OP
I

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My marine betta is probably the most peaceful and timid fish in my tank. I'd probably be more concerned for the betta than the mantis long-term.
Really? Do the mantis shrimp tend to attack larger fish too?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bad idea in my opinion, the mantis will likely kill them. The betta is a cave dweller and will be easy prey for a peacock mantis, they are not aggressive or large enough to handle a peacock mantis. I've even seen peacock mantis' take out small triggers that kept nosing around their caves. The best idea for a peacock mantis is a species tank, or with fish large enough to not be threatened and not aggressive enough to pick on the mantis or make him their prey.

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bad idea in my opinion, the mantis will likely kill them. The betta is a cave dweller and will be easy prey for a peacock mantis, they are not aggressive or large enough to handle a peacock mantis. I've even seen peacock mantis' take out small triggers that kept nosing around their caves. The best idea for a peacock mantis is a species tang, or with fish large enough to not be threatened and not aggressive enough to pick on the mantis or make him their prey.
There you go.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back