Marine Bettas

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why aren't marine bettas more popular? I think theyre one of the prettiest, most unique fish out there.
f49bc1a2-0aa3-42ca-b837-b3d669258e71.jpg
 
Definitely gorgeous!
I think a combination of cost and requirements!
A couple hundred dollar, approx 50 gallon min, might (rumored) will eat tank mates...
If I had the tank for it I would consider it!
 
They're nocturnal and incredibly shy. I've had one for a month and have only seen it in my tank twice.
 
They are a predatory fish which eliminates them from a ton of tanks right off the bat. Then throw in their shyness and difficulty getting them to initially eat makes them more of an expert fish in my opinion. I have tried them twice and could never get them to reliably eat.
 
Why aren't marine bettas more popular? I think theyre one of the prettiest, most unique fish out there.
f49bc1a2-0aa3-42ca-b837-b3d669258e71.jpg


Did you know they are active mimics of a spotted moral eel? I once had a public aquarium exhibit with both the eel and a large marine betta - it was pretty cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new