• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Marine Depot... Strike One, two and Three

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Chibeatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple RMA turned into a circus... and just to make things worse my sump is failing on my 220gl
6/5 - I requested an RMA on a 36 Trigger Sump, few days and emails later the sump is on its way back.
6/15 - I get notification that the sump has arrived at their warehouse.
6/16 - I request an update and Notify them that the item was purchased for me as a gift and I will need to have the store credit put into MY ACCOUNT.
6/17 - they respond - its going to take a while to process your return I will notify you when the credit is in YOUR ACCOUNT.
6/22 - Hello any updates
6/23 - they respond - the credit is in YOUR ACCOUNT. Cool lets buy this Triton 44... hmm I don't see my store credit. Oh they charge you full price then reimburse you the store credit... huh what is this 1980.. So I call in and they inform me that I have no Store Credit... and it was actually given to the person whom purchased it.. Okay well transfer it to me or use that credit and I'll pay for the difference.. WE CAN'T DO THAT.
6/24 - I email the rep the full story and she says... yes call in and we will figure this out so that you can use the credit. HMMMM I call in they take the order and I get a ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL and money is charged to my account.
6/30 - Hello any updates
7/1 - they respond - Your order was never processed.....%^&%^&*$ please call us.... I call give them all my information again... 2 hrs later I get an email asking me to call again because they didn't get all my information... $%^$%&^%$&
7/2 - I call and request an update - Oh we have all the information and your order was processed - Can I get an email confirmation ? - Sure -- 2 hrs later still awaiting email... I have strange feeling I will have to request another update in a few days, just to have them tell me its out of stock or the order wasn't completed.
@MarineDepot

OP
OP
Chibeatz

Chibeatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple RMA turned into a circus... and just to make things worse my sump is failing on my 220gl
6/5 - I requested an RMA on a 36 Trigger Sump, few days and emails later the sump is on its way back.
6/15 - I get notification that the sump has arrived at their warehouse.
6/16 - I request an update and Notify them that the item was purchased for me as a gift and I will need to have the store credit put into MY ACCOUNT.
6/17 - they respond - its going to take a while to process your return I will notify you when the credit is in YOUR ACCOUNT.
6/22 - Hello any updates
6/23 - they respond - the credit is in YOUR ACCOUNT. Cool lets buy this Triton 44... hmm I don't see my store credit. Oh they charge you full price then reimburse you the store credit... huh what is this 1980.. So I call in and they inform me that I have no Store Credit... and it was actually given to the person whom purchased it.. Okay well transfer it to me or use that credit and I'll pay for the difference.. WE CAN'T DO THAT.
6/24 - I email the rep the full story and she says... yes call in and we will figure this out so that you can use the credit. HMMMM I call in they take the order and I get a ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL and money is charged to my account.
6/30 - Hello any updates
7/1 - they respond - Your order was never processed.....%^&%^&*$ please call us.... I call give them all my information again... 2 hrs later I get an email asking me to call again because they didn't get all my information... $%^$%&^%$&
7/2 - I call and request an update - Oh we have all the information and your order was processed - Can I get an email confirmation ? - Sure -- 2 hrs later still awaiting email... I have strange feeling I will have to request another update in a few days, just to have them tell me its out of stock or the order wasn't completed.
7/3 - Still waiting on that confirmation email.....

OP
OP
Chibeatz

Chibeatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7/3 - Still waiting on that confirmation email.....
7/6 Surprise it arrived today.... Missing parts and looking like someone definitely returned this to them for some reason. I Honestly can't believe this...after all this and still the lack of basic customer service.
Resized_20200706_105850.jpeg

OP
OP
Chibeatz

Chibeatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7/6 Surprise it arrived today.... Missing parts and looking like someone definitely returned this to them for some reason. I Honestly can't believe this...after all this and still the lack of basic customer service.
Resized_20200706_105850.jpeg
I emailed them that the item arrived missing parts and that it must have been on a roller coaster BUT that I was going to just water test it and just call this a learning experience not to ever order anything from Marine Depot. The missing parts I will order from BRS or directly from Trigger Systems.. They replied with "Sorry let us know if you need anything else"

OP
OP
Chibeatz

Chibeatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed them that the item arrived missing parts and that it must have been on a roller coaster BUT that I was going to just water test it and just call this a learning experience not to ever order anything from Marine Depot. The missing parts I will order from BRS or directly from Trigger Systems.. They replied with "Sorry let us know if you need anything else"
I reached out to Trigger Systems and they are hooking me up with the missing parts. Marine Depot customer service reached out and apologized for this entire situation, they are setting me up with a discount on the used sump and sending me a few items to try and make things a little better.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back