Marine Depots Elite Overflow Box

OceanBlue808

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I was wondering if any of yall have and use Marine Depots Elite Overflow Box? I'm looking to get one for my 40 gallon breeder rimmed tank but wanna make sure that it's of good quality and if anyone had any issues with it?

Westoncase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I was wondering if any of yall have and use Marine Depots Elite Overflow Box? I'm looking to get one for my 40 gallon breeder rimmed tank but wanna make sure that it's of good quality and if anyone had any issues with it?
Not sure but i have the medium eshopps eclipse overflow on my 40 and i like it. It comes with a drill bit and templet which is the reason i got that particular overflow

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed one on a Marineland 75gal. I haven't used the e-shops so I can't compare but the quality is very good. Comes with everything you need for a few dollars less.

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the small or medium? I’m looking at one of these for my 75
I got the small one which handles my 400 gph Ehiem pump just fine. I had to go with the small one because of the background design of my tank. If I could have, I would have gone with the medium.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the large so you can set up a bean animal overflow. I had a medium and it worked well on my 40B with a Herbie, but I prefer the bean animal. I currently have the Exotic Marine Systems 32" overflow on my 75 and LOVE it!

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the large so you can set up a bean animal overflow. I had a medium and it worked well on my 40B with a Herbie, but I prefer the bean animal. I currently have the Exotic Marine Systems 32" overflow on my 75 and LOVE it!
+1 I bought one for a 40breeder build I'm putting together and it looks like good quality. I like that it comes with lids for both chambers. And I'm actually thinking about using the 40 for the sump and going with a 4 foot 120 and I'm glad everything I got so far could be used either way.

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got the small one which handles my 400 gph Ehiem pump just fine. I had to go with the small one because of the background design of my tank. If I could have, I would have gone with the medium.
I ordered the small as well. I tried to call and switch to medium. But I figure I can always upgrade later down the road if needed

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you share a picture of where you placed it in your tank as well as what you did with the plumbing for the drains? . Mine is coming in tomorrow and I’m hoping to get the plumbing started.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other.

Back