marine injuries

Keep in mind I do maintain aquariums for a living...

Lionfish sting - Twice
Bacterial infection - 4 times, had to be treated with antibiotics
Large puffer bite - Bit my thumb clean open!
Moray eel bite - Large Tesselatus Moray
Urchin spine - Too many times to count
Bristleworm spine - Too many times to count
Allergic reaction - Once to a tank LOADED with texas trash palys that I tore down to replace the stand.
Fragging injury - Cut index finger with band saw 1/2 way through nail bed.

I could go on but you get the idea :wink:
 
I've had a few run ins with zoanthids/palys making me sick. Upset stomach, metallic taste for two days, etc. Must have gotten used to it since I haven't had that happen in months.

My buddy got a nasty infection from a bristle worm sting. His finger was so swollen he couldn't move it.

Jimflies is the worst I've heard of. He was really sick.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new