Marine tank

Welcome to R2R and the salty side of the hobby! Sorry to hear about your early bumps in the road -- you should find lots of information here to help make the rest of the journey smoother.
 
welcome38.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world JP. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Yikes! That is a LOT of tangs for about 50 US Gallons. (I hear the sirens of the tang police coming....)
It sounds like you are committed to figuring this all out. That is a lot of tanks, so clearly you are passionate. Hang in there, keep asking questions. We are here for moral support!
Welcome to the fishy family!!
Dog Police GIF
Thank you for the kind words. Well I just bought an 800 litres tank now just have to figure out how to move my smaller tank aside for the moment plumb the big tank and start the cycling. Then move all my fish on it. Then further like really really further down the track add some live corals.
 
Thank you for the kind words. Well I just bought an 800 litres tank now just have to figure out how to move my smaller tank aside for the moment plumb the big tank and start the cycling. Then move all my fish on it. Then further like really really further down the track add some live corals.
Yikes - flashbacks. I did that - scary moment. I had a 45 gallon bowfront on a dresser that I planned to repurpose for my 90. I half drained the 45. I then dragged an end table from the bedroom in front of the tank - it was 5" lower. In my head, it would be easy peasy to slide the tank forward onto the end table. So half filled, with live rock and fish ... glass ... alone... yeah. that was terrifying. This is a do as I say, not a do as I did moment. My sit almost ended badly.
However you move it, drain as much as you can first and don't be too proud to have help.

Good luck! Get that build thread going and let us know how you are doing!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new