Marine test kit by hanna is not it.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U cant calibrate this machine first. Only hanna can calibrate them. Second those electronic testing machines at the LFS are meant for pools, and not made for our hobby. And they are 99% inaccurate
Where do you live? I've never had a saltwater LFS use a test meant for pools...

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use distilled water to rinse the vial. Hanna told me not to rinse the vials with rodi, or the tanks water. So i use their hanna distilled brand
You dry them after rinsing with RO, right? Or rinse again a few times with tank water?

In any event, your tank probably swings by at least 1dkh over the course of a day - which is why you should always measure at the same time.

Also keep in mind the stated accuracy of the kits. The Hanna Alk is +/- 0.3dkH, but I've seen variation of 0.6dkh between batches of reagent.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you live? I've never had a saltwater LFS use a test meant for pools...
I would be very surprised if the tests at a lfs are the same as used for pools. The parameters tested for a pool are completely different than an aquarium, other than alk and ph. I’ve not once cared what my nitrate, phosphate, calcium and mag were in my saltwater pool.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be very surprised if the tests at a lfs are the same as used for pools. The parameters tested for a pool are completely different than an aquarium, other than alk and ph. I’ve not once cared what my nitrate, phosphate, calcium and mag were in my saltwater pool.
its the API aqua spin thingy highly innaccurate

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back