Salifert mag test.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what’s the deal with my mag test. But it always shows my tank at 1420. Now i was believing this results. Till i sent an icp test and it came that my mag is 1320. Which is good. And trident shows my tank mag at 1350. Now the weird part i dont know what am i doing wrong for my mag to show high mag all the time. Im following the instructions to the tea. 2ml, 5 drops, shake for 10 seconds or swirl i should say. Pull 1ml under the line at the top. Add drop by drop. I have brs magnetic stirrer. And i do drop 2 seconds drop. Im confused this is my second box from salifert with mag. I am not going crazy over numbers.. ik my mag is good. But i thought iw as at 1400. Range.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds frustrating. . . I have adopted the RMM Method personally:

Upvote 0

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what’s the deal with my mag test. But it always shows my tank at 1420. Now i was believing this results. Till i sent an icp test and it came that my mag is 1320. Which is good. And trident shows my tank mag at 1350. Now the weird part i dont know what am i doing wrong for my mag to show high mag all the time. Im following the instructions to the tea. 2ml, 5 drops, shake for 10 seconds or swirl i should say. Pull 1ml under the line at the top. Add drop by drop. I have brs magnetic stirrer. And i do drop 2 seconds drop. Im confused this is my second box from salifert with mag. I am not going crazy over numbers.. ik my mag is good. But i thought iw as at 1400. Rang
I dont know what’s the deal with my mag test. But it always shows my tank at 1420. Now i was believing this results. Till i sent an icp test and it came that my mag is 1320. Which is good. And trident shows my tank mag at 1350. Now the weird part i dont know what am i doing wrong for my mag to show high mag all the time. Im following the instructions to the tea. 2ml, 5 drops, shake for 10 seconds or swirl i should say. Pull 1ml under the line at the top. Add drop by drop. I have brs magnetic stirrer. And i do drop 2 seconds drop. Im confused this is my second box from salifert with mag. I am not going crazy over numbers.. ik my mag is good. But i thought iw as at 1400. Range.
It’s actually fine there a lot of people are keeping their mag at 1500 now, Torch corals love it at 1500 along with a lot of other Corals

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s actually fine there a lot of people are keeping their mag at 1500 now, Torch corals love it at 1500 along with a lot of other Corals
I know. But im disappointed that my mag is not 1400 im afraid since icp, and trident confirmed that my mag is at 1350. Salifert testing is wrong

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back