Marine velvet treatment with cupramine 14 days

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know many people suggest 30 days of copper treatment for velvet. I am using cupramine and my fish is cleared of all white spots on the 5th day of copper fish has regained its strength. Now can I remove copper after 14 days ? how long I need to monitor the fish after removing copper?? when will it be safe to transfer it to my DT. The fish is not eating well at teh moment so I would like to remove copper as soon as possible to get him back to etaing. Its a saddle back butterfly.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know many people suggest 30 days of copper treatment for velvet. I am using cupramine and my fish is cleared of all white spots on the 5th day of copper fish has regained its strength. Now can I remove copper after 14 days ? how long I need to monitor the fish after removing copper?? when will it be safe to transfer it to my DT. The fish is not eating well at teh moment so I would like to remove copper as soon as possible to get him back to etaing. Its a saddle back butterfly.
I always use 30 days copper. At the very least you need to go 14 days beyond the date you last saw spots.
There is most likely something else that is keeping your fish from eating well, but one thing you can do is remove the copper and see if the fish’s appetite increases. If it does, then it was the copper, if it doesn’t, then you need to figure out the issue. Then, the trick is to redose the copper and move the fish out of the tank while it is in a full dose.
Jay

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always use 30 days copper. At the very least you need to go 14 days beyond the date you last saw spots.
There is most likely something else that is keeping your fish from eating well, but one thing you can do is remove the copper and see if the fish’s appetite increases. If it does, then it was the copper, if it doesn’t, then you need to figure out the issue. Then, the trick is to redose the copper and move the fish out of the tank while it is in a full dose.
Jay
It was eating before it got velvet .. then I added copper along with it . now the fish is not eating at all. So my question is assume I removed copper and the fish is healthy for next 2 weeks can we assume fish is clean of velvet?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was eating before it got velvet .. then I added copper along with it . now the fish is not eating at all. So my question is assume I removed copper and the fish is healthy for next 2 weeks can we assume fish is clean of velvet?
No - 14 days is not s sure thing. Doing the redose trick is a better idea then just pulling it out of a tank with no copper.

Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back