MarineCollectors.com Pre-QT'd Fish?

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of them...They have some nice fish!

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me either and I've absolutely scoured the internet for pre-QT providers. Just heard about them in one of BRS's videos that recommended them. So far communication is amazing. Just inquired on a Powder Brown / Gold Rim Hybrid Tang and got a text 10 minutes later. Coordinating purchase now so I'll have feedback soon...

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard about them on BRS too, their site definitely looks legit lol. They're in LA too so you could just go pick up the fish I think. Definitely interested in your experience

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know anything about them, but looking at their front page they say they can get peppermint angels.

I am a bit skeptical of anything they say....

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I checked out their website. Their quarantine protocol seems legit. Some very unique fish I have never heard of or seen and along with that crazy prices. I liked that Dr. Seuss fish and some of the wrasses.

Last edited:

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a note; the fish listed on their site are fish that they have gotten previously, not current inventory. They're sort of a 'send me your wish list and we'll work with the wholesalers to get it' type operation.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says on the website 1-5 days to source the fish and 14 to “quarantine” it?! The worlds fastest process I would say. Prices are quite high and that’s fairly bold to offer for sale a fish you don’t have. I’d be very wary, not to mention every single fish on the for sale page has a pinched belly. Very bad sign as well. I used to work with a guy that had identical salesmanship with fish, as well as personally been to transhippers and wholesalers. Wholesalers will never hold back the primo offerings for someone coming in to maybe get a few fish. Or anything for that matter, fish die and they want them sold, fast! Dead fish bring in $0. The bulk buyers have 100% dibs on all good stuff because they drop $$$. I’m not saying it’s impossible but the hobbyiest turned pro simply doesn’t have the clout to get the best livestock.

Last edited:

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may have great livestock or be able to source rare /quality fish, but I would not pay extra for their version of quarantined fish.

Kudos to them for posting an outline of their protocol and for caring enough to qt, but the protocol I see is insufficient for me and a full qt procedure would still need to be followed before I placed their fish in my DT.

They do seem to be able to obtain some rare fish, I will keep them in mind for a few fish I am trying to source.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they also seem to have an active facebook page and the owner guy elliot y. lim accepted my friend request so i can further creep :)

this picture they have of a hybrid flame coral beauty is pretty crazy

52281336_2226601224269075_694126303409864704_n.jpg

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know if it works out! Btw my local guy has a few pintail wrasses and a Bella goby. I got 2 pintails from him for frag trades, normally 129 I think. However the shop is in Tampa Fl.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what is written on their site

"" Fish listed on this page are stock items, the fish you purchase will not be the exact fish seen in the photo. The purchased specimens may vary slightly due to variances in species, gender, region, maturity, etc. After your order is secured all items purchased will go though our vigorous quarantine protocol. To learn more ""

I am not understanding this ,, I guess there is a difference between ,, stock items and in stock items ,, if its in stock and run thru their QT ,, why wouldn't the fish you buy be the same one posted on their site ,,, now if it said ,, stock photo's were being used on the site ,, thats another story ,,

I would be interested in using Marine Collectors ,, if they are buying the fish I want after I place the order ,, I am guessing they could also buy the fish I want in the size of the fish I want ,, thats kinda a big thing to me ,, with certain fish ,, would keep me from getting a smaller fish than I would want ,,

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back