MarineCollectors.com Pre-QT'd Fish?

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious, how many of you are quarantining everything like coral, clean up crew, etc. Setting up a new 100 gallon and trying to do everything right this time, but I'm realizing that theres not much point in buying quarantined fish if I'm not quarantining all the coral and cuc as well.

cedwards04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, how many of you are quarantining everything like coral, clean up crew, etc. Setting up a new 100 gallon and trying to do everything right this time, but I'm realizing that theres not much point in buying quarantined fish if I'm not quarantining all the coral and cuc as well.

I am in the same boat as you. Planning out how I will restock a 100g tank after what appears to be either ich or velvet has decimated my fish population. I have decided to set up a qt tank for coral and inverts. I purchased a small tank/heater and an ai prime hd since I light my tank with ai hydra26hd's. Lighting should be similar enough to have them properly light acclimated by the time they go in.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK quick update on the Borbonias Anthias and a Rhomboid Wrasse. They arrived around 10am (so FedEx did the right thing). They were in a nice styrofoam cooler and each individually bagged. Tip top shipping - box was solid w/ clear writing stating that it contained love fish. All good on shipping.

I got the fish into my DT about 30 minutes ago after floating and performing the recommended drip acclimation. To my surprise they're actually hanging out in the DT in plain site. Initially the Anthias hid in a cave but is slowly making his/her way around. The wrasse, to my surprise, never really hid; she cruised to a corner, met the 2 clown fish and is now pretty much dead in the middle of the tank checking things out. So far so good.

They're a bit shy when I approach the tank so i'm going to leave them alone for now but ill a shoot a video or snap some pics in a few hours.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have 100% quarantined everything; coral, snails, crabs, shrimp etc & have purchased only pre-quarantined fish from trusted sources (Dr Reef from Humblefish's forum and Marine Collectors).

My first 2 clowns died of Brook when I tried QT'ing them so i've decided to be patient and let the more seasoned folks handle that for my first few fish.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never ordered from Elliot, but I remember him from his days at Vivid, nice guy. But I've bought two fish from Adam at Ocean Devotion, who's also based in LA and wouldn't hesitate to order from him again. His communication is top notch and his attention to detail is stellar. I chose not to have my fish QT'd from him (I prefer to do that myself) but there may be a time that I need that service because of space or time and wouldn't hesitate to have him QT the fish for me.
https://oceandevotionla.com/

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know anything about them, but looking at their front page they say they can get peppermint angels.

I am a bit skeptical of anything they say....

+ 1 I’ve heard mix reviews. I just ordered a tiger angelfish from Ocean Devotion located in LA, they follow a strict quarantine process. In addition, they can outsource rare and super quality livestock and some of the most competitive pricing on the market.

epsteino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the San Fernando valley. I just ordered a kole, purple and powder blue. Waiting for the purple to get out of quarantine. Nice option to be able to go pick them up. Elliot has been good about getting back to me and not in any rush to move the fish. Instills confidence in me that he takes time and wants the fish to be as good as he could get them. He could have just said yeah I have the fish and they’re all ready now...come and get them. I’ll post updates.

Lithoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered and received a Purple and Yellow Tang a month ago... perfect, no issues.. definitely recommend Marine Collectors.. No BS, communicates when needed.. you won't be disappointed..

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1583080309635.png

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can everyone provide an update? It’s been a good 8 to 9 months I figure now is a great update time!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back