MarineCollectors.com Pre-QT'd Fish?

Chewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess they have a Dr. on staff for giving the fish a complete gold star inspection of health and free of all infections and parasites? Just wondering, Hmmmmm, still have to Quarantine when you get them yes? I know I would also test the water they are sent in. Just remember the thread started with a question mark. ??? Good luck with your purchase and keep an update going please. And yes that is a beautiful Tang.

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what is written on their site

"" Fish listed on this page are stock items, the fish you purchase will not be the exact fish seen in the photo. The purchased specimens may vary slightly due to variances in species, gender, region, maturity, etc. After your order is secured all items purchased will go though our vigorous quarantine protocol. To learn more ""

I am not understanding this ,, I guess there is a difference between ,, stock items and in stock items ,, if its in stock and run thru their QT ,, why wouldn't the fish you buy be the same one posted on their site ,,, now if it said ,, stock photo's were being used on the site ,, thats another story ,,

I would be interested in using Marine Collectors ,, if they are buying the fish I want after I place the order ,, I am guessing they could also buy the fish I want in the size of the fish I want ,, thats kinda a big thing to me ,, with certain fish ,, would keep me from getting a smaller fish than I would want ,,

I agree it's a bit confusing and it's my understanding that all fish shown on their website are not actually in stock. They are just in stock at the wholesaler where he collects from after purchase (again my understanding).

Unfortunate my last dealing with Marine Collectors was not good so I'm not sure I'd still recommend them. I inquired about ordering two fish from Marine Collectors to which I received a reply that he would check stock and get back to me with a price and availability. After 2 follow ups I never heard back.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been chatting with them since yesterday to stock my tank. Super nice dude and very helpful. Looking forward to buying from them as everything seems super legit

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about feeding? A QTed fish doent mean that it eats frozen. The tang in the picture looked quite thin.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elliot is awesome. I haven't lost a fish that I have bought from them including a quoyi parrot that is healthy and fat. They are a go to on my very short list of fish sources.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine collectors is awesome! If you don't have the tank or time to properly qt then Elliot is your man. They have fish on their website that already have been through qt or place an order for a fish he will find and the qt. Its is pricey but worth it if you don't qt and care about your tank. My pintail wrasse came in happy ,fat and eats like a pig

Lithoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ordered a yellow tang and purple tang from Marine Collectors about a week ago.. their site has a drop down tab to see if a size and if that fish is in stock. The ones I picked were.. should receive in a week or two..
Will post back on quality of fish.. fingers crossed!

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be getting a Borbonias Anthias and a Rhomboid Wrasse tomorrow :D

They arrived safe & sound. They're floating in sump (temp acclimation) now but I'll report back once they're in the DT. Also Elliot's been active on text w/ any question i've had all morning. So far so good...

Lithoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrived safe & sound. They're floating in sump (temp acclimation) now but I'll report back once they're in the DT. Also Elliot's been active on text w/ any question i've had all morning. So far so good...
Great... keep us informed... cant wait for my tangs! Good luck..

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard great things. His process is very strong and he works closely with @Humblefish. I wouldn't hesitate to buy.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back