Marineland 180 question

BeefyReefy_

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2025
Messages
23
Reaction score
20
Location
Your Sump
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Marineland 180-gallon with dual corner overflows is arriving at my LFS today, and I’m trying to finish up the stand before I bring it home. The stand is wood, so I need to drill the openings for the plumbing first.

Does anyone here own this tank and know what size holes I should drill for the drain/return lines? I’d also love to know how far in the factory plumbing holes sit from the back of the tank so I can line everything up correctly.

I saw on another forum that Marineland designed one overflow for drains and the other for the return. Is that true?

My original plan was to run both overflows as drains and put my return over the back with a dual outlet in the center for even surface agitation. If anyone has experience with this setup — or photos — I’d really appreciate the insight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new